The computerized maintenance management software is used to manage the maintenance of the facilities, equipment and also to keep a track of the maintenance activities…
The computerized maintenance management software is used to manage the maintenance of the facilities, equipment and also to keep a track of the maintenance activities. The below preventive maintenance software functions can help one maximise the benefits of the software, lower the cost and boost productivity.
1. ReportsThe reporting module of the CMMS system can help one generate meaningful and easy-to- understand reports so that one can spot trends and identify the opportunities for improvement. One of the most benefitting preventive maintenance software functions and reports help one monitor the equipment performance and work order completion. The reports can also help one keep a track of employee productivity and material usage. The CMMS typically provides with ready to run reports which also gives one the ability to customize the reports.
2. Work OrdersThrough work orders, you can say goodbye to post-it notes, lost paperwork and missed phone calls. The CMMS software includes the work order management system which records and tracks the work orders. This is considered to be the backbone of the maintenance operations where the CMMS will enable to handle the heavy flow of work orders with perfect ease.
3. Web accessIt is a notion that today's workforce is becoming increasingly mobile. This implies that it is important for the maintenance managers and also the employees to have access information about their assets remotely. There are many CMMS vendors which offer web- based maintenance software that can allow the users to access the maintenance data through a web browser so that they can log into the system when they are away from the office.
4. Preventive maintenanceThe preventive maintenance is considered to be all about planning and involves taking the proactive approach instead of a reactive approach to the maintenance. The machinery and equipment under your care should have a scheduled that outlines the required inspection and maintenance. The basic key among the preventive maintenance software functions is setting up a schedule with the CMMS. This will make sure that the equipment stays in the tip-top shape and also helps keep the costs down by preventing any further equipment failure.
5. Inventory managementIn many of the organizations, the stock room for the spare parts, tools, and equipment’s are confusing and disorganized. In this context, the inventory management modules are often underutilized which makes each of the maintenance tasks more time-consuming than it actually needs to be. One can spend less time in locating the spare parts through an effective inventory management system that can track and manage the inventories at multiple sites.
It is important that the organizations should select flexible and customizable CMMS software so that it can allow them to adapt to these changes.